There are many methods which you follow to remove body hair at home, you can use wax, shaving, or sugar and so on. Sugar wax is characterized by being made of natural materials, non-toxic, and does not cause skin allergy.
This method has been traditionally used to remove hair from body for centuries as it has the ability to remove hair from its roots. This method is very common because it does not affect the skin, it costs near to nothing, it can be made at home, and can last for a long period of time for shaving.
How to make Sugar wax to remove hair
There are many ways to make sugar wax, in the following, w will explore some of them.
- Method 1: sugar and lemon juice
The ingredients: 2 cups of sugar, a quarter cup of lemon juice. A quarter cup of water. 2-1 drops of tea aromatic oil (optional). A glass jar. Dish to heat the mixture. Ice cream stick.
- Mix sugar, lemon juice, and water in a dish, and you can add a drop or two of tea tree oil.
- Put the ingredients on the stove at a medium heat or temperature.
- Mix it constantly until the sugar dissolves.
- Watch the mixture until it turns into a brown golden brown, or when it reaches a temperature of 127 degrees Celsius.
- Pour the mixture, and placed it in a glass jar and let it for some time until it cools.
- The ice cream stick is dipped in the sugar wax, and then the mixture is applied and spread over the skin and hair.
- A piece of delicate cloth is placed over the area of sugar wax, and press it till it sticks to the skin.
- Pull the piece of cloth from the end upward, in a quick way.
- Repeat this process until all the unwanted hair has been removed.
- Method: How to make Sugar wax with brown sugar
This is another way to make sugar wax, using brown sugar
The ingredients: a cup of brown sugar. two big spoons of lemon juice. Two tablespoons of water. Cooking utensil.
- put brown sugar in the cooking pot, and add lemon juice and water.
- The mixture is placed on the stove,
- constantly mix the ingredients while being heated on low fire. The heat degree is raised gradually while mixing, until the mixture starts boiling.
- The heat is then reduced
- Wait until the mixture turns to a golden in color,
- The consistency of the mixture should be checked and its thinckness should be like honey.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl, let it cool down for 30-45 minutes, and then start applying it to your skin
- Method: How to make sugar soy wax
Ingredients: a cup of soy wax. Wooden spoon. A cup of brown sugar. A cup of honey. Half a cup of lemon juice. Half a cup of water. A thermometer. Heat-safe jar. a boiler.
- Put the water in the boiler on the stove.
- Soy wax is added to the boiled water, and the heat should be reduced
- Then mix until the wax melts.
- Add sugar and honey, and mix until the sugar dissolves
- Then add water and lemon juice to the previous mixture while mixing.
- Raise the heat until the mixture reaches a temperature of 110-116 ° C, or until it becomes darker.
- The sugar wax is poured into a heat-proof jar after it is ready, you can use it when its temperature is 43 degrees Celsius, or put it in the refrigerator until you want to use it, and heat it in the microwave when using.
- Method: How to make sugar wax with honey
This is another way to make sugar wax with honey and sugar.
The ingredients: a cup of white sugar. A quarter cup of honey. Lemon juice. cooking bowl. A glass bowl, or a microwave-safe bowl. Sealed packaging.
- Put sugar, honey, and lemon in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Boil the mixture with mixing constantly,
- Instead, the mixture can be placed in a microwave-safe container, and heat it for two to three minutes.
- Let the mixture to cool down and the sugar wax becomes ready to use.
- The leftover of the sweetness can be kept in a sealed glass bottle, and placed in hot water when reused.
Tips for removing hair using the sugar wax
There are several things to consider when removing hair with sugar wax, including:
- Make sure your skin, before applying the wax, does not have damaged areas, or burns, or pimples. if it does, avoid those areas.
- In case of skin allergy, or skin infection, it is preferable to consult a doctor.
- Be careful when using hot sugar wax, in this case, the mixture must not be too hot which can causes burns, at the same time the mixture should not be too cold so that it cannot spread over the skin,
- In a case, you burned when applying the wax, try to place ice on the affected area, or cold water, and avoid the affected area When continuing hair removal process.
- Sugar wax should be placed in the direction of hair growth.
- Don’t apply the sugar wax more than once to the same area, you only need to apply it once; so as not to cause redness or rash, and in case some hair remains, it can be removed with tweezers.
Tips for post-hair removal using sugar wax
The skin can get irritated when applying the sugar wax as a result of stretching and pulling, so there are several tips for post-hair removal to follow in order to avoid such side effects
- Do not expose the skin to the sun after sugar wax application; because the skin becomes too sensitive and prone to damage.
- Never exercise after following these hair removal methods, because sugar wax opens the pores of the skin, and sweating while exercising causes bacteria to spread.
- Don’t peel the skin after the sugar wax use, because the mixtures remove the dead skin, and peeling the skin at that time leads to a rash.
- Don’t apply heavy creams, as they clog pores and infections.